Bond, Schoeneck & King
Bond is a full-service law firm with 250 lawyers, and offices across New York State as well as offices in Naples, Florida, Kansas City and Boston. The collegiate sports practice is the nation’s premier practice group for the representation of colleges and universities in NCAA rules compliance, eligibility and infractions matters. Our history of involvement and experience in NCAA-related matters is unmatched, and our attorneys are far and away the most qualified, capable and experienced in this area of unique and complex regulations.
Bond’s collegiate sports practice is seasoned in helping clients navigate the enforcement process. When we find that evidence of a violation is lacking, we
defend that position. When we find that a violation has occurred or that an allegation is justified, we say so; then we help our client improve its programs
for promoting and monitoring compliance. We’ve seen how acting swiftly, investigating thoroughly, acknowledging violations and implementing corrective
• Help prevent future violations.
• Mitigate the penalties.
• Boost a client’s capacity to move forward.
• Protect the reputation of the institution and its athletics program.
Our Core Services Include:
• Enforcement and Infractions Cases. Our attorneys have conducted hundreds of investigations of potential major infractions cases involving NCAA Division I, II and III member institutions. Our game plan involves:
– Fair, thorough and comprehensive investigation and evaluation of evidence.
– A focus on the intricacies of NCAA legislation and institutional obligations under NCAA principles.
– Drawing on our extensive work in prior infractions cases.
– Making the most of longstanding collegial working relationships with NCAA staff and conference representatives.
• Compliance Programs and Audits. Bond is experienced in designing, refining and implementing NCAA rules compliance programs and preventive structures and in reviewing and monitoring the systems to boost their efficacy. • Student-Athlete Eligibility. Bond’s extensive knowledge of reinstatement case precedent and vast experience in handling such cases provide our clients—and the student-athletes themselves—with a proficient advocate in even the most complicated eligibility matters.