Sneaker Law Firm℠
Sneaker Law Firm is a boutique business and intellectual property law and consulting firm dedicated to providing creative and innovative, cost effective solutions to its international and domestic based clients. The firm was founded and is managed by Zak Kurtz, a generalist with over 20 years of experience in the legal and business sides of sneakers and sports. Sneaker Law Firm is an industry leaders bringing legal services to creatives, entrepreneurs, small businesses and start-ups and specializes in contract negotiations, creating business entities, trademark registration, management and enforcement, commercial transactions and technology law areas.
Sneaker Law Firm opened its doors in 2014 as a boutique law firm representing athletes, entrepreneurs, artists and small businesses in transactional and trademark areas. After working on the business and legal side of the sneaker and fashion industry my clients encouraged me to develop a new specialized firm that focused on the many nuances of the merging technology, sneaker and streetwear industries and we listened. Our firm provides a different type of service than the traditional law firm and is an industry leader at the forefront of business and technology.
We are one of a kind in the industry and save our clients time and money through our unparalleled experience and knowledge of the business and legal sides of sneakers sand streetwear. Our mission is to tailor creative solutions to satisfy each individual client.
We provide legal and business counseling to entrepreneurs and small businesses in the sneaker, technology, fashion, sports and entertainment industries. We specialize in assisting individuals and businesses in the sneaker industry.
We have successfully represented sneaker designers, streetwear and sneaker brands, software companies, sports agencies, athletes, musicians, artists, creatives, cryptocurrency miners, digital content creators, influencers, individual software developers, models, record labels.
Areas of practice include Sneaker Law, Technology Transactions, Intellectual Property, Sports & Entertainment Law, Corporate Law, Business Law, Commercial Transactions, HR & Employment Law.
• Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial and procurement contracts, sponsorship agreements, influencer agreements, SaaS agreements, IP licenses, and advertising/ social media materials for legal compliance.
• Trademark and copyright searches, registrations, enforcement, prosecution.
• Brand management strategy counseling, protection, enforcement and licensing.
• Corporate entity creation, structuring, counseling.
• Draft and implement employment and HR policies and internal handbooks.
• Provide advice on the application of various data privacy laws and global standards to online retailers, marketplaces, brands, and small businesses on global sales and data storage/ processing.
• Analyze potential and actual legal claims. Develop innovative and comprehensive strategies for a successful resolution.